Friday, January 29, 2010

Memories

My 8 year old son, Jehu, has been getting phone calls from friends lately. It's a new thing. He is officially getting older, and I am having all of these memories coming back of my own childhood.

I was asking Jehu why his friend from school was calling him everyday. They had just been together all day for goodness sakes. Jehu's response to this question is what brought it all back. He simply answered, 'I like to talk to him. It's just fun to talk on the phone, too!'

Wow. Now that he mentioned it, I DO remember getting home from school & immediately wanting to talk to my friends on the phone. :-) I guess it wasn't just a girl thing.

Then, I remembered something awesome. When I was in the 6th grade, I got a swatch twinphone for my room! This is a picture of the phone I actually had - color & all. (It was 1989 after all)


It was SO. COOL. Not only did I have a phone in my room, but I had a twin phone. The base of the phone was also a receiver. Which meant my BFF Erika could come over to my house & we could BOTH be on the phone talking to another friend! Hence, the twin phone.


It was seriously SO COOL. Are you getting the major coolness that was this phone? I am actually feeling giddy just thinking about it. :-)

My how the world has changed. Glad that I can remember the fun of days gone by and experience a little bit of history repeating itself through my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment