Thursday, February 26, 2009

Darkroom

Last year, I bought darkroom equipment. I set it all up in my storage room, blacked out all of the windows, and got all of the chemicals. I love it! Sadly, I haven't used it in the last few months. Probably not since before Thanksgiving actually, which makes me so sad. I don't want it to think I don't love it! I do, I really DO! Granted, it is freezing down there right now, and all of my space has been eaten up by random storage & holiday decorations, but STILL. It's time...this weekend I will clean up the storage room! I will take more pictures & get to work! At some point, I would love to have my house full of my own pictures...my own art. 

I want to do this for more than just me...I want to do it for my kids. I want them to see that their mom has lots of parts to her. I don't want those parts of me to disappear. As a mom, it's easy to forget those things about myself. I have lost myself in the everyday stuff at times, and I think that's normal and okay too. There are lots of different seasons of life.

 I can feel things awakening inside of me though. Like the darkroom stuff. I also want to go to cosmetology school when my kids are all in school full time. I know that it's not the time yet, and I am at peace with that, but it excites me to think about that time too. Not in a fantasy kind of way, because it's scary too, and I know that it's going to be challenging & hard at times. Sometimes, I worry what people will think...if I'm doing it just because of someone else or if they think I'll be good at it. I was having coffee with a friend the other day though, and it was so awesome. She reminded me of a time ten years ago when we were hanging out and she declared that she wanted to cut her hair. My response was okay, let's do it! I marched her downstairs & chopped her hair off! She went from having hair that touched her lower back to having shoulder length hair in the period of a half an hour! It even looked pretty good! I was so glad that she reminded me about that, and maybe it's silly, but it was so encouraging! That chick is still in me...the creativity, the boldness and the confidence (in all arenas, but in the hair arena most importantly to my story) so I don't need to worry about any of that stuff. It's all there...now I just need to find ways to let it out :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment