Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a secret surprise

My hubby is turning 30 in one week. I am having a surprise party for him this Saturday. As far as I can tell, he has no idea...yahoo! I am currently super excited & totally freaking out right now. I am pretty sure I bit off more than I can chew, and have no idea how I am going to pull this off. The party is actually a sit down dinner for 30 people! Dear GOD help me! Aaron's very favorite meal of the entire YEAR is our Christmas Eve Hot Pot (a fondue-type meal), and that is what we are having for his big surprise birthday celebration. I am not exaggerating - he is a freak for this meal! Every year, someone brings up the idea of doing something different for Christmas Eve & he declares to everyone that if it's changed that he won't be coming. Now, if it was changed, he would still go (of course), but that is how much he loves this meal & this tradition. I am secretly thrilled that he feels that strongly about it, because so do I, but I couldn't be as bull-headed about it, as he is. All of that to say...I hope we can shock his socks off! More than that, I hope I can pull it off! I am a little worried that it will be a huge disaster...or that it will bankrupt us. Dear god, it's not cheap to feed that many people. It's worth it. :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment