Sunday, October 24, 2010

I love my mom...

I am days away from turning 32 and I still have times that I just need my mommy.

I have been feeling a bit run over by life lately, and I was talking to my mom about it the other day. We live about 1500 miles away from each other, so it’s as good as it gets.



I found myself jealous of my sister in law again – as she talked about going to lunch with her mom. It’s one of the sucky parts of living so far away. Most of the time, I don’t really think about it, but in those harder times of life – the ones where you really just want your mom – it really sucks.

Anyway, I went to get the mail today and found a little package in there from my mom. It had 2 different cards in there – one with notes of encouragement and one just to make me laugh. :-) She also included a couple of Starbucks gift cards. Is this a great mom or what?! It is JUST what I needed. When we were talking on the phone last week, she had suggested that I grab coffee for myself in the midst of all of the crazy taxi-like driving that I do. My response was (of course) that I couldn’t really afford to. I mean, one every couple of weeks maybe but certainly not the 4 times a week that I am actually running all over town. Hence, the blessing and thoughtfulness of my mom.

Sometimes, I feel like I am just melting away into the scenery. So, it really means so much to me that my mom would take the time to love on me like this. So, as I sit here writing this and crying at how much I love and miss my mom. I also sit here crying happy tears of appreciation and feeling loved. Moms are the best!

This is one quality that my mom has that I REALLY hope to resemble for my kids.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment