Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Summary...

Well folks, I've been a slacker in the blog department as of late.

So, this is my quick summary of recent events:

Christmas was fantastic - we got the kids a Wii and knocked their socks off :-) We lead them all over the house with riddles & clues that finally lead to it. It was awesome! Funny enough, it was not great because of the Wii, but the look on their faces and the joy, shock and gratefulness for each other that was there before the Wii was even unveiled. By the time it came around to the Wii - it was just like icing on the cake. :-) I am so grateful to have such amazing children and family! What a joy!

Two days after our blissful Christmas, we discovered that all three kids had head lice. I instantly burst into panic filled tears and was super overwhelmed. This was a first for us. I'm not gonna lie - it was a bad case too. To top it all off - I actually also had it. I was MORTIFIED. Aaron started off thinking I was being a spaz & by the end he was the one practically hyperventilating once the reality of it all sank in. The work, the severity of the lice, the amount of people we have potentially exposed, the work. (yep the work gets 2 mentions, because dear lord have mercy...e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g had to be cleaned, steamed, dried, frozen, bleached, washed &/or examined. It was horrid.

Thankfully, we have a friend who is a lice expert & even works part time with a thing called the Lice Clinic. She was able to talk us through the process, helped us prioritize our cleaning tasks, talked prevention in the future & gave us our options on how to deal. Roz & I did the lice clinic treatment to nip it all in the bud (thank god there is such a thing), and the boys got their heads shaved. It has been a dramatic & draining week to say the least. I am, however, feeling a lot better now that the worst is behind us. SO, we are breathing MUCH easier now...phew!

2010 has been a big year - full of wonderful adventures & celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! We got a new niece this year too, and what a joy she is!

We are looking forward to 2011 & all that it will hold for us. I really need to think about what I hope it entails - or goals or something. I guess off the top of my head:

Cosmetology school will hopefully begin for me...which will mean an entirely new season for my family. So, I pray that will be a smooth transition that is full of grace, peace & joy.

I'd really like to continue & get a bit more disciplined than I've been as of late with nutrition and consistency of exercise...okay mostly in the food department. It's time to reign it in and get back on track. So, that is definitely a goal for me.

I would like to cut our debt in half this year...which I think is absolutely possible if we stick to our plan...so knock on wood that everything big keeps working (like vehicles, house stuff, etc) so we can see this goal come to fruition!!

Hmm, I don't know - I can't really think of anything else. I love my family & I think we're in a good/healthy place for the most part - not perfect...life is messy sometimes, but it's good. I feel like we are in a place that is reaping the benefits of good/hard choices made in years past...not that we won't have times like that in the future too. I'm sure we will, but I am keenly aware that we worked really hard at building a healthy foundation early on & often times it was against the grain of society and even some friends who thought we were crazy. We were the "fighters". And, it's true - we fought a lot & I'm not suggesting that it has to be done the way we did it...but I am a firm believer in saying what you need to say. For us - it was about having the discussions or fights...not shying away from them because it's easier at the time. And not fighting for the sake of fighting, but really getting to the root issues & really helping each other deal with our issues & be better & stronger. You know the whole 'caring enough to confront' idea...it's really a true thing! Honestly, I am seeing the benefit of that even now in our life - in our marriage & our kids, etc. And I'm so grateful for it. It's good.

So, here's to 2011...may it be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment