Thursday, December 9, 2010

I think I finally figured it out...

I've been feeling in a funk lately. I haven't been able to put my finger on why, but I've just felt off.

It's the holiday season and I LOVE the holidays, and yet I haven't quite felt myself. It's been really strange.

Well, just today I was ruminating on this again...praying & ruminating. And I finally think I've figured it out. It was like the picture came into focus, and I actually feel better.

I feel like I am on 'pause'. I know what I want to do with my life - I even know where I want to do it...in fact I EVEN have a timeline of WHEN I will be doing it...it's just 6 months away. And, so emotionally I can feel myself ready for this next step. I don't feel the same grace & peace for being home 24/7 like I did in so many years past. Not that I'm not grateful - because I really am! And I LOVE my family - they are a big part of why I want to do what I do. But I can feel the seasons change in my soul.

So, for now, it helps me to at least identify what I am feeling. It helps me to enjoy that last bits of this season instead of being frustrated by them. And, it helps me to know that I'm not crazy...at least not any crazier than usual. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment