Monday, November 23, 2009

What's new, what's new

I always feel like I'm catching up on here. Maybe it's because I'm too busy living. Maybe it's because I'm lazy or uninspired. Maybe it's because I just plain forget. Yeah, it's probably a little bit of all of them. Oh well. Here goes:

I have been making a 2010 calendar for my family in the midwest for christmas. On a purely physical level - it's been kind of wild to see how far Aaron & I have come! I mean, just look at this.

It was shocking to see this picture. I didn't see myself like that before. It really is like looking with new eyes. I guess we've had our own 'Biggest Loser' going on around here this year. Except it's taken us 10 months rather than 10 weeks on the show ;-)

In other news, we are headed to Disneyland in less than 2 weeks! Yahoo! I will be sharing TONS of pics when we get back! We have been planning this for a year and a half, and it's finally sinking in that we're actually GOING!

In an effort to save money, we decided to take care of our gargantuan piles of leaves ourselves this year. We've gotten the back yard done, but apologize sincerely to our neighbors for our front yard. Hopefully, this will be the week we get it done.

We sent our good friends, Steve & Morgan, off to Nashville last week. It was terribly sad (for us). Of course, we sent them off in style with a couple of parties and then we helped them pack all of their stuff into a truck. I am excited for them too. I know that this is what they really need to do for themselves. No 'what ifs' and all of that. But, I'm sad for me. I'm sad that after the years of prayer, tears, and utter joys that we have shared over their beautiful little girl that is FINALLY here we will miss out on seeing her grow in the next who-knows-how-long. I KNOW what moving does. I've done it several times. It doesn't mean you don't love them, but it does change things. We all change and grow, which is good. Distance just makes it harder to 'get it'. So, for me it's been a little bit of a mourning period too. I am excited for them, but I'm sad for me. It's okay - it's life. But these are the times, I wish 'tele-porting' was a real thing!

That's all for now, I've got to get my kids to preschool!




No comments:

Post a Comment