Friday, November 27, 2009

My Insanity

So, last night I got home from our awesome thanksgiving celebration, got into my jammies and started make a small plan for black Friday shopping. I've never done it, but saw some deals that were tough to pass up.

Then I notice that Toys R Us is actually openning at midnight (which just happens to be in about 30 minutes). So on a spur of the moment, I decided to go to it. Of course, I was thinking it's not gonna be that busy. Most people are probably going in the morning, right? Wow is all I can say. When I get there, people are lined up all the way down the whole strip of stores! I decided to give it a shot anyways - maybe the line will move quickly. It was raining and I don't know what got into me, but I waited for 2 hours! Standing in the rain outside of toys r us for TWO hours. I don't know what got I to me.

When I finally get in there, I (of course) can only find one thing that I wanted to buy - ONE $20 item. Dear LORD! I go to get in line (vowing to myself to never do this again) and find that the line weaves all the way around the store. It will likely be a 2 hour wait here too. Finally, I come to m senses (sort of) and realize how ridiculous it is. I put my one item down and make a run for it. As I'm walki g to my car (totally pissed off), I start to realize that it's now 2:45 am. Walmart is right next store & had most of the same things on sale. If I go home, I am not going to come back out, but I do NOT want to go ho e empty handed after all of this. So, I decided to sleep in my car for a couple of hours then hit the Walmart black Friday sale. Yes, I am an idiot. I was not thinking in my right mind.

So, I sleep for about an hour & realize that walmart is letting people inside already. So, I get up & go into the store to realize that people are grabbing all of the sale stuff up NOW, but just won't check out until 5. At this point I'm commited to this. I have already done ridiculous things. I. Will. Come. Home. With. Something!

I got my few things and sucked another couple of hours doing it. I saved a total of $36. Wow. Reality is smacking me in the face. I am not made for this shit. And $36 is not worth 5 1/2 hours! However, at least I came home with something. I got home around 5:30 am and went directly to bed. I slept til 12:30 and can now see all of my ridiculousness clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment