Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saving Money

Alright - it's about that time again to tighten the belt & figure out new ways to save some $$ in our everyday living. The obvious is not going out as much & all of that, shopping the sales food wise, etc. I already do most of that, but need to do something else. 

Tomorrow I am planning on calling Senske to cancel the 4 times a year spider spray that we get from them. This is a VERY big deal to us though - we HATE spiders & cannot live with them in our house, so I am only canceling, if I can buy spider/insect spray & rodent repellant to apply myself. This may sound extreme (especially the rodent repellant part), but I am DEATHLY afraid of mice. We have never had any trouble with them in this house (THANKFULLY), but don't really want that to start either & since that is all included in Senske's spray, I must find some! 

I actually DID find some repellant online (thank goodness for the internet in this case), and there is an insect spray that is sold all over too, so for the cost of one application of Senske's spray, I think I can get at least a year's worth of spray for the house. Hopefully, it is just as effective! I would really like to save almost $300 a year this way. 

I am also planning on calling Comcast to see if I can't haggle a lower payment out of them for us...fingers crossed!! 

We are also in the middle of a refi on our home mortgage, which will save us $150 a month, once it is final.

My hubby is dying for an iphone & I have to admit, I'd like one too, but I absolutely can't justify the expense right now! 

Does anyone else have any ideas of ways to save $$...I'm sure I could let my yard die by not watering it ;-) but we aren't insane water-ers anyways, so I don't see that as a 'huge' savings. 

Here's hoping for ideas to just come to me :-)

2 comments:

  1. We called comcast to tell them we wanted to cancel our 40 something a month service and they lowered it to 7.00. They'll work with you if they think the alternative is you ditching them! :) Good luck; we're tightening our belts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - $7...that's impressive!

    I called Comcast this morning & got $50 knocked off our bill, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. We have the bundle - cable with 2 DVRs, internet, & phone (I know this sounds so excessive & pathetic, but it's the truth)...

    ReplyDelete