Monday, June 6, 2011

Whew!

Sorry for the gap in posts...my mom was visiting from out of town, so I have been a bit busy. :-)

We had a great visit...full of coffee drinking and lots of gabbing (of course).

In the midst of all of this, I heard from Paul Mitchell about fafsa...they finally got all of that in order. Yahoo! That means, I can get some Pell grants for school as well as Stafford Loans for the rest. This is a big deal because of their low interest rates as well as the most important part - the loans are deferred until you complete school.

I'm not gonna lie: we had some celebration dancing going on. :-)

I got all the financial stuff in order & signed it all at the school last week. It's a done deal, yo! June 29th - here I come! It was really fun that my mom could be here for this too - I got to take her on a tour of the facility and show her all of the fun gadgets & gear that I will be getting soon, too! Part of me felt like I was 12 again though...I had my mommy with me, at my new school, after all. ;-) However, when she started to get her camera out & asked to take a picture of me with the equipment, I had to draw the line. "Umm, now I feel really dumb. Sorry mom - I can't do that." (flashback to actually being 12, yet in a 32 year old woman's body...um *awkward*) Gotta love moms, right?! I just kept saying "she's just visiting from out of town".

Any-whoo, we had a great visit & I promised her that I'd send her some pictures from my first day of school. ;-) Cause that won't be awkward at all, right?!

Oh, funny addition to the story: when we drove up, there was this kid leaving the school with his dad (with a bunch of papers in hand). The kid looked no older than 17 with a total Justin Bieber-esque haircut. How much do you want to bet that the kid is gonna be in my class?? Sweet Lord - I am SO gonna be the old lady there. :-S *face-palm*




No comments:

Post a Comment