Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nothing like a bit of encouragement...

BEFORE (and NO, I was not pregnant in the pic where I am painting)





















AFTER...in fact, I took the headshot just now to be completely honest with what I look like at this very moment (rather than all done up). The second pic is still me - just from my mom's wedding this summer. :-)





















A friend sent me the before pics just last night. She didn't send them with the intention of being before pics (I don't think), but I'm really glad that she did! I've been feeling down on myself lately - not in a super serious way, but just at times questioning if life is even that different. Forgetting how far I've really come. Nothing like a few pictures to remind you how VERY different you really are. And not just on the outside, but on the inside too. Making choices to be healthy & caring enough about myself to take care of me IS important! It's really improved my mental health as well...which is a HUGE bonus! More than that - life is too short to waste so much time on feeling insecure & not doing the things I really want to be doing! I used to fidget so much with my clothes & was constantly thinking about ME & my body instead of really being able to be fully present & enjoy my family & friends. What a waste! Not any more though!! :-)

1 comment: