Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dear Craigslist sellers,

Labeling your old junk 'antique' is not going to make me want to buy it. Especially when your 'antique' is broken & peeling & disgusting. 

Though, I am a firm believer in buying good quality stuff 2nd hand, I am not interested in people's crap-tastic stuff. Calling something 'shabby chic' is inaccurate - it's just shabby lady. And, why waste your time putting up the add if you're not going to add a picture...I assume that what you are selling is total garbage if you won't even put a picture up...come on people! 

I have been looking for a shed on craigslist (since ours was victim to the snow this winter). I have seen SO many that are completely dilapidated & outrageously priced. One guy was trying to sell his shed for $800. Then he goes on to state that he used it for a chicken coup. It wasn't very big to start with, but he USED IT FOR A CHICKEN COUP! Have you ever smelled chicken poop?? I have & let me tell you it's AWFUL! As if I'm going to pay someone $800 for all of my storage stuff to smell like chicken poop...seriously?! 

I get that people want to make some money by getting rid of some of their stuff, but just because you bought said item how many years ago (possibly in 1989) for $500, does not mean that I am going to pay you $400 now. I will not be paying you the over-inflated sense of worth you are placing on the crap you are trying to get rid of thanks. 

That said...I actually have come into some really great finds on craigslist too, but boy do you have to sort through the junk! 



No comments:

Post a Comment